6 Ways to Make Your Kitchen…a Showplace!
Updated: Nov 19, 2020
There’s no doubt about it: the kitchen is by far the most important room in the home and its appearance greatly contributes to your home’s resale value. These days, new homes are more “kitchen-centric” than ever before. In fact, a new home builders survey shows that the average kitchen size has grown to a whopping 300 square feet —which is a record high!
With all of this riding on a single room, you may be thinking it’s time for a kitchen renovation! Here’s a look at some of today’s hottest trends:
1. Smart kitchens: Today, you can have a kitchen with technology integrated into every function and appliance–from the faucets to the fridge to the lighting. For older kitchens, sensors, smart gadgets and other devices can be added.
2. Dark is in, white is out: Expect to see islands and cabinets in a variety of different paint colors or wood stain colors; neutral nature shades of blue and green in addition to dark jewel tones: black, navy, emerald green and even plum.
3. Mix-and-match lighting: With an increasing focus on lighting as a decorative element, mixing different styles and types has never been bigger in kitchens, and the trend lets you celebrate multiple aesthetics.
4. Brass accents: Appearing in cabinet hardware, drawer pulls, faucets, and light fixtures, brass finishes on decorative elements add a touch of shine to your kitchen's design. And no matter the finish—satin, unlacquered, or polished brass—this metal makes a stylish statement.
5. Custom storage solutions: Creative storage solutions are popular add-ons in kitchen design, with many home renovations now including specialty storage to complement the new cabinetry.
6. Warm wood grains: Wood surfaces lend warmth and natural beauty to any space, and the material has taken a leading role in kitchens.
If you’ve got a home improvement project, count on Vayeyo Installation to do the best job for you. Our team of professionals has over 10 years of experience in furniture installation, kitchen remodeling, handyman services, and residential and commercial moving. We take pride in working closely with our clients to ensure we not only meet — but exceed — their expectations. For more information and a free quote, give us a call today.